William K.S. Wang
- Insider Trading (Oxford Univ. Press 3d ed. 2010) (with Marc I. Steinberg).
- Insider Trading (Practising Law Institute 2d ed. 2005 & Supps. 2005-2008) (with Marc I. Steinberg).
- Insider Trading (Little, Brown 1996 & Supps. 1998–2002) (with Marc I. Steinberg).
- A Roth Conversion Is Not Necessarily More Attractive During a Significant Stock Market Decline: Separating the Tax and Market Timing Effects, 50 Tax Mgmt. Compensation Plan. J. 10 (2022). FULLTEXT
- The Proposed Secure Act’s Ten-Year Mandatory Distribution Period for Non-Spousal Traditional §401(k)/IRA Beneficiaries May Not Increase Government Revenue, 47 Tax Mgmt. Compensation Plan. J. 12 (2019) (reprinted in INSIGHT: SECURE Act May Not Increase Government Revenue, 246 BNA Daily Tax Report 9, Dec. 24, 2019). FULLTEXT
- Application of the Federal Mail and Wire Fraud Statutes to Criminal Liability for Stock Market Insider Trading and Tipping, 70 U. Miami L. Rev. 220 (2015). FULLTEXT SSRN
- The Importance of "The Law of Conservation of Securities": A Reply to John P. Anderson's "What's the Harm in Issuer-Licensed Insider Trading?", 69 U. Miami L. Rev. 811 (2015). FULLTEXT SSRN
- An Introduction to United States Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 10b-5, 27 Nihon Univ. Comp. L. 105 (2010). SSRN
- Measuring Insider Trading Damages for a Private Plaintiff, 10 U.C. Davis Bus. L.J. 1 (2009). FULLTEXT SSRN
- The United States Law on Stock Market Insider Trading and Tipping, 26 Nihon Univ. Comp. L. 107 (2009). SSRN
- The Restructuring of Legal Education Along Functional Lines, 17 J. Contemp. Legal Issues 331 (2008). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Who Are the Victims of Stock Market Insider Trading? Is Stock Market Insider Trading Fraud?, 25 Nihon Univ. Comp. L. 45 (2008). SSRN
- The Injustice of Reducing the Number of Levels in a Grading System, 57 J. Legal Educ. 423 (2007). FULLTEXT
- The Corporation as Insider Trader, 30 Del. J. Corp. L. 45 (2005) (with Mark J. Loewenstein) (reprinted in 35 Bank & Corp. Governance L. Rep. 425 (2005)). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Apply UBIT to De Facto Leverage, But Not to 'Spurious Leverage', 95 Tax Notes 925 (May 6, 2002) (reprinted in 37 Exempt Org. Tax Rev. 27 (2002)).
- Selective Disclosure by Issuers, Its Legality and Ex Ante Harm: Some Observations in Response to Professor Fox, 42 Va. J. Int'l L. 869 (2002) (adapted and reprinted in 24 Company Law. 144 (2003)). FULLTEXT SSRN
- The Supreme Court's Misplaced Concern with Selective Fairness: Bush v. Gore and Three Analogies to Grading Dilemmas, 52 J. Legal Educ. 272 (2002). FULLTEXT
- Stock Market Insider Trading: Victims, Violators and RemediesIncluding an Analogy to Fraud in the Sale of a Used Car with a Generic Defect, 45 Vill. L. Rev. 27 (2000) (reprinted in 33 Sec. L. Rev. 381 (2001), 3 Int'l & Comp. L. Rev. 77 (2000), and in part in Donna M. Nagy, Richard W. Painter & Margaret V. Sachs, Securities Litigation and Enforcement: Cases and Materials 595 (3d ed. 2012)). FULLTEXT SSRN
- A Qualitative Theory of the Dead Hand, 68 Ind. L.J. 1 (1992) (with Adam J. Hirsch). FULLTEXT
- ITSFEA's Effect on Either an Implied Cause of Action for Damages by Contemporaneous Traders or an Action for Damages or Rescission by the Party in Privity with the Inside Trader, 16 J. Corp. L. 445 (1991) (reprinted in 25 Sec. L. Rev. 427 (D. Langevoort ed., 1993)). FULLTEXT
- More Thoughts on Litwin v. Allen, 9 The Red Herring 3 (Fall 1989).
- A Cause of Action for Option Traders Against Insider Option Traders, 101 Harv. L. Rev. 1056 (1988) (reprinted in Materials on the Law of Insider Trading 384 (C. E. Fletcher ed., 1991)). FULLTEXT
- Is a Seller's Rule 10b–5 Cause of Action Automatically Transferred to the Buyer?, 1988 Colum. Bus. L. Rev. 129 (1988) (reprinted in 33 Corp. Prac. Comm. 41 (1991)). FULLTEXT
- Some Thoughts on Litwin v. Allen, 8 The Red Herring 3 (Fall 1988).
- The "Contemporaneous" Traders Who Can Sue an Inside Trader, 38 Hastings L.J. 1175 (1987) (reprinted in part in Materials on the Law of Insider Trading 371 (C. E. Fletcher ed., 1991)). FULLTEXT
- Some Arguments That the Stock Market is Not Efficient, 19 U.C. Davis L. Rev. 341 (1986). FULLTEXT
- Natural Advantages and Contractual Justice, 3 Law & Phil. 281 (1984) (with Larry Alexander) (reprinted in 2 Contract Law 453 (International Library of Essays in Law & Legal Theory 1991)).
- Recent Developments in the Federal Law Regulating Stock Market Inside Trading, 6 Corp. L. Rev. 291 (1983) (reprinted in 16 Sec. L. Rev. 219 (1984), and reprinted in slightly different form in Contemporary Issues in Securities Regulation 59 (M. Steinberg ed., 1987)).
- Post–Chiarella Developments in Rule 10b–5, 15 Rev. Sec. Reg. 956 (1982).
- Reflections on Contract Law and Distributive Justice: A Reply to Kronman, 34 Hastings L.J. 513 (1982). FULLTEXT
- The Advantage of Paying Your Bar Dues Early, 4 Bottom Line 126 (Nov. 1982).
- The Dismantling of Higher Education Part 1, 29 Improving Coll. & Univ. Teaching 55 (1981). FULLTEXT
- The Dismantling of Higher Education Part 2, 29 Improving Coll. & Univ. Teaching 155 (1981). FULLTEXT
- Trading on Material Non-Public Information on Impersonal Stock Markets: Who is Harmed, and Who can Sue Whom Under SEC Rule 10b-5?, 54 S. Cal. L. Rev. 1217 (1981) (reprinted in part in Materials on the Law of Insider Trading 575 (C. E. Fletcher ed., 1991)). FULLTEXT
- Reflections on Convenience Translations: A Reply to Professor Brooks, 17 San Diego L. Rev. 309 (1980) (reprinted in Corporate Counsel's Annual 1981, at 1301 (Jeremiah J. Spires & Edward J. Burchell eds., 1981)). FULLTEXT
- A Chicken in Every Pot, and Forty-one Channels for Every Television Set, 1 Comm. & L. 97 (1979). FULLTEXT
- The California Statutory Close Corporation: Gateway to Flexibility or Trap for the Unwary?, 15 San Diego L. Rev. 687 (1978). FULLTEXT
- Pooling Agreements Under the New California General Corporation Law, 23 UCLA L. Rev. 1171 (1976). FULLTEXT
- The Metaphysics of PunishmentAn Exercise in Futility, 13 San Diego L. Rev. 306 (1976). FULLTEXT
- The Unbundling of Higher Education, 1975 Duke L.J. 53 (1975). FULLTEXT
- The Structure of the Securities MarketPast and Future, 41 Fordham L. Rev. 1 (1972) (with Thomas A. Russo) (reprinted in N.Y. L.J., Nov. 27, 1972, at 1). FULLTEXT
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Similarities Between Roth IRAs And Non-Dividend Paying Stocks, Fin. Advisor, Apr. 25, 2023. URL
- The Long and the Short of Classifying 'Hedged Equity' Funds, Pensions & Inv., Feb. 18, 2022. URL
- Insight: Myths About the Traditional and Roth 401(k)/IRA That Affect How People Use Them, BNA Daily Tax Report, Feb. 3, 2020. URL
- Insight: Repeal of Retiree Required Minimum Distributions May Increase Government Revenue, BNA Daily Tax Report, Jan. 9, 2020. URL
- Insight: Why ‘Risk’ Aversion Should Cause a High Percentage in Stocks, BNA Daily Tax Report, Mar. 16, 2020. URL
- Looking Back at the High Court's Landmark Campaign Finance Decisions, Daily J., Mar. 1, 2019, at 1.
- Paying the Price in a Net-Long Portfolio, Pensions & Inv., Jan. 27, 2017. URL
- Is It Worthwhile to Realize Capital Gains to Finance the Tax for the Roth Conversion, 34 ABA Section of Taxation News Quarterly, Winter, 2015, at 1. HEIN
- Advantages of 401(k) Even with No Capital Gains Tax and Same (or Sometimes Higher) Tax Rate at Retirement, ABA Sec. of Tax'n NewsQuarterly, Summer, 2013, at 10.
- Index-Fund Outperformance Not Logical in Rational World, Pensions & Inv., Aug. 5, 2013, at 23. URL
- Using ‘Spurious’ Leverage to Reduce Personal Income Taxes When One Has the Maximum Allowed in an IRA/401(k), ABA Section of Taxation NewsQuarterly, Spring, 2013, at 16. HEIN
- Passive Investing in Stocks Based on Market Cap, Pensions & Inv., July 26, 2012. URL
- Some Immediate and Long-Term Advantages of a Roth IRA Conversion, ABA Section Taxation NewsQuarterly, Winter, 2011, at 10. HEIN
- Hidden Leverage and Portfolio Policies, Pensions & Investments, Dec. 8, 2008, at 28. URL
- Alternative Treatments of Equitized Hedge Funds, Pensions & Investments, May 1, 2006, at 37. URL
- Toilet Paper: It's as Good as Gold, S.F. Chron., Apr. 26, 1980, at 36 (slightly revised version reprinted as: As an Investment, Toilet Paper is as Good as Gold, The Detroit News, Aug. 28, 2013).
- Booting the Professors, Wash. Star, Jan. 9, 1978.
- A Liberal's Confession, N.Y. Times, June 14, 1976, at 31.
Search the Database
Search our faculty's bibliographies.
Help using Faculty Bibliographies Search.
Faculty Services Librarian Tony Pelczynski compiles the Faculty Bibliographies database. Citation information is updated twice a year.