- Economic Security & the Regulation of Gig Work in California: From AB5 to Proposition 22, 13 Eur. Lab. L.J. 51 (2022). URL
- Essentially Dispossessed, 121 S. Atl. Q. 285 (2022).
- Sectoral Bargaining Reforms: Proceed with Caution, 31 New Lab. F. 1 (2022). URL
- The New Racial Wage Code, ___ Harv. L. & Pol'y Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2021). SSRN
- Rule Making as Structural Violence: Taxis, Debt, & Death in San Francisco, ____ J. L. & Pol. Econ. ____ (forthcoming 2020).
- The Time Politics of Home-Based Digital Piecework, 2020 C4e J. 50 (Symposium Issue “The Future of Work in the Age of Automation and AI). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Disrupting Regulation, Regulating Disruption: The Politics of Uber in the United States, 16 Persp. on Pol. 919 (2018) (with Ruth Berins Collier & Christopher Carter). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Influenza Mandates and Religious Accommodation: Avoiding Legal Pitfalls, 46 J.L. Med. & Ethics 756 (2018) (with Dorit Rubinstein Reiss). FULLTEXT URL
- The Drive to Precarity: A Political History of Work, Regulation, & Labor Advocacy in San Francisco's Taxi & Uber Economies, 38 Berkeley J. Emp. & Lab. L. 73 (2017). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Wage Slave or Entrepreneur?: Contesting the Dualism of Legal Worker Identities, 105 Calif. L. Rev. 101 (2017). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Winning the Battle, Losing the War?: Assessing the Impact of Misclassification Litigation on Workers in the Gig Economy, 2017 Wis. L. Rev. 239 (2017). FULLTEXT SSRN
- The Demise of Community Policing? The Impact of Post-9/11 Federal Surveillance Programs on Local Law Enforcement, 19 Asian Am. (2010). URL
- Why Are Some Trade Agreements "Greener" than Others?, 16 Earth Island J. 44 (2002) (with Jung Lah, Ian Monroe, Martha Roberts & Dan Serres). URL
Chapters In Books
- An Uber Ambivalence: Employee Status, Worker Perspectives, and Regulation in the Gig Economy Beyond the Algorithm: Qualitative Insights for Gig Work Regulation 33 (Cambridge Univ. Press 2021). URL
- Book Review, 55 Law & Soc'y Rev. 521 (2021) (reviewing Michael McCann & George I. Lovell, Union by Law: Filipino American Labor Activists, Rights Radicalism, and Racial Capitalism (2020)).
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Gig Workers Are Employees. Start Treating Them That Way, N.Y Times, Jan. 18, 2021 (with Juliet B. Schor). URL
- A Brief History of the Gig, Logic, May 4, 2020. URL
- Digital Piecework, Dissent, 2020. URL
- The Courts Decided Gig Workers are Covered by Wage and Overtime Protections. Now their Bosses are Trying to Evade the Law, L.A. Times, Aug. 14, 2018. URL
- Will the Real Obama Please Stand Up?, India Currents, March 8, 2009 (with Sunaina Maira). URL
- The FBI "Witch-hunt" in Lodi, India Currents, Aug. 2, 2005 (with Sunaina Maira). URL