- Try This At Home! A Do-it-yourself Guide to Winning Lesbian and Gay Civil Rights (The New Press 1996). AMAZON
- The Profound Political but Elusive Legal Legacy of Justice Anthony Kennedy's LGBT Decisions, 70 Hastings L.J. 1199 (2018). FULLTEXT
- Reinhardt is Right; Perry is a Case About California, 37 N.Y.U. Rev. L. & Soc. Change 131 (2013). FULLTEXT
- The Right Forum, the Right Issue: Initiatives and Family Values, 8 Berkeley J. Gender L. & Just. 180 (2013). FULLTEXT
- Lawrence v. Texas and the Refinement of Substantive Due Process, 16 Stan. L. & Pol'y Rev. 23 (2005). FULLTEXT
- Roundtable Discussion: Where Do We Go From Here? Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Civil Rights Into the Next Millennium, 27 Fordham Urb. L.J. 285 (1999). FULLTEXT
- The Meaning of Romer v. Evans, 48 Hastings L.J. 1343 (1996). FULLTEXT
- Equal Protection and the Anti-Civil-Rights Initiatives: Protecting the Ability of Lesbians and Gay Men to Bargain in the Pluralist Bazaar, 55 Ohio St. L.J. 563 (1994). FULLTEXT
- The Case for Gay Rights, 9 Hamline J. Pub. L. & Pol'y 237 (1988). FULLTEXT
Chapters In Books
- The Plan to Win Marriage, in Love Unites Us: Winning the Freedom to Marry in America 100 (Kevin Cathcart & Leslie Gabel-Brett eds., The New Press 2016). AMAZON
- Discrimination, Insurance, Health Care Decisions, and Wills The AIDS Knowledge Base: A Textbook on HIV Disease from the University of California San Francisco and the San Francisco General Hospital 9.2-1 (P.T. Cohen, M.A. Sande & P.A Volberding eds., Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 1999).
- The Law and Health Care Workers: Confidentiality, Testing, and Treatment The AIDS Knowledge Base: A Textbook on HIV Disease from the University of California San Francisco and the San Francisco General Hospital 9.1-1 (P.T. Cohen, M.A. Sande & P.A Volberding eds., Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 1999).