- Constitutional Supervision in China after the 2018 Amendment of the Constitution: Refining the Narrative of Constitutional Supremacy in a Socialist Legal System, 23 Asian-Pac. L. & Pol’y J. 137 (2022). SSRN
- 1981: Embryonic but Inchoate Constitutional Committee Designs, 33 UCLA Pac. Basin L.J. 81 (2016) (translation of Liu Songshan, 1981: Taidong Er Weixing de Xianfa Weiyuan Hui Sheji available at RENMIN DAXUE ZHONGGUO XIANZHENG WANG). SSRN
- Understanding China's System for Addressing Legislative Conflicts: Capacity Challenges and the Search for Legislative Harmony, 26 Colum. J. Asian L. 139 (2013). SSRN
- Resolving Constitutional Disputes in Contemporary China, 7 U. Pa. E. Asia L. Rev. 51 (2012). SSRN
- Using Law for a Righteous Purpose: The Sun Zhigang Incident and Evolving Forms of Citizen Action in the People's Republic of China, 45 Colum. J. Transnat'l L. 114 (2006) (reprinted in The Citizen and the Chinese State 275 (Perry Keller ed., Ashgate Publishing 2011)). SSRN
- Watching the Watchdog: China's State Compensation Law as a Remedy for Procuratorial Misconduct, 9 Pac. Rim L. & Pol'y J. 95 (2000). SSRN
- Wang Liming, An Inquiry into Several Difficult Problems in Enacting China's Uniform Contract Law, 8 Pac. Rim L. & Pol'y J. 351 (1999) (translator).
Chapters In Books
- An Assessment of Socialist Constitutional Supervision Models and Prospects for a Constitutional Supervision Committee in China: the Constitution as Commander? China's Socialist Rule of Law Reforms under Xi Jinping 30 (John Garrick and Yan Chang Bennett eds., Routledge 2016). CATALOG URL
- Citizens Engage the Constitution: The Sun Zhigang Incident and Constitutional Review Proposals in the People's Republic of China, in Building Constitutionalism in China 221 (Stephanie Balme & Michael W. Dowdle eds., Palgrave MacMillan 2009). CATALOG URL
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Constitutionalizing Wukan: The Value of the Constitution Outside the Courtroom, 12 China Brief, Feb. 3, 2012, at 5. URL
- Exploring Constitutional Reforms in the Wake of the Bo Xilai Affair, 12 China Brief, May 11, 2012, at 6. URL
- NPCSC: Vanguard of China's Constitution?, 8 China Brief, Jan. 17, 2008, at 4 (with Thomas E. Kellogg) (reprinted as China Crawls Slowly Towards Judicial Reform, Asia Times, Jan. 25, 2008). URL
- Can Citizens Vitalize China's Constitution?, Far E. Econ. Rev., May 1, 2007, at 15. SSRN
- Congressional–Executive Commission on China, Annual Report 23–35, 83–87 (2005) (principal drafter). URL
- Congressional–Executive Commission on China, Annual Report 12–27, 66–70, 91–95 (2004) (principal drafter). URL
- Congressional–Executive Commission on China, Defense Lawyers Turned Defendants: Zhang Jianzhong and the Criminal Prosecution of Defense Lawyers in China (2003) (principal drafter). URL
- Congressional–Executive Commission on China, Annual Report 62–67, 69–73 (2003) (principal drafter). URL
Dissertations & Theses
- China and the United Nations Security Council: An Analysis of Chinese Voting Patterns and Attitudes Towards Peacekeeping (Feb. 1999) (unpublished M.A. thesis, University of Washington) (on file with author).
Search the Database
Search our faculty's bibliographies.
Help using Faculty Bibliographies Search.
Faculty Services Librarian Tony Pelczynski compiles the Faculty Bibliographies database. Citation information is updated twice a year.