- Legislative and Regulatory Options for Animal Welfare (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2011) (with Megan Chapman).
- Law for Water Management: A Guide to Concepts and Approaches (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2009) (with Bruce Aylward, Christie Popp, & Jamie Bartram).
- Designing National Pesticide Legislation. (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2007) (with Isabella Pagotto & Margaret Kwoka).
- Development of an Analytical Tool to Assess Biosecurity Legislation (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2007) (with Daniele Manzella).
- Recent Trends in the Law and Policy of Bioenergy Production, Promotion and Use (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2007) (with Charlotta Jull, Patricia Carmona Redondo, & Victor Mosoti).
- Perspectives and Guidelines on Food Legislation, with a New Model Food Law (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2005) (with Melvin Spreij).
- Law and Sustainable Development Since Rio: Legal Trends in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management (Food and Agriculture Association of the United Nations 2002) (Co-edited with Mohamed Ali Mekouar).
- Gender-Silent Legislative Drafting in a Non-Binary World, 48 Cap. U. L. Rev. 103 (2020) (with Donald L. Revell). FULLTEXT
- Regulating the Packaged Water Industry in Africa: Challenges and Recommendations, 20 U. Denv. Water L. Rev. 217 (2017) (with Ashley R. Williams). FULLTEXT
- Resolving Disputes and Improving Security in Post-Conflict Settings: An Example from Liberia, 83 Arbitration 288 (2017) (with Alfred Fofie & Peter Boaz). FULLTEXT
- Cultural Factors and Ethical Integrity, 39 Hastings Int'l & Comp. L. Rev. 123 (2016). FULLTEXT
- Improving Access to Justice in Developing and Post-Conflict Countries: Practical Examples from the Field, 8 Duke F. L. & Soc. Change 27 (2016) (with Peter Boaz & Helga Turku). FULLTEXT SSRN
- 21 Cost-Saving Measures For The Judiciary, 5 Int'l J. Ct. Admin. 55 (2013). SSRN URL
- Legislative Implementation of the Food Chain Approach, 40 Vand. J. Transnat'l L. 987 (2007). SSRN URL
- Making National Food Laws, 84 Rivista di Diritto Agrario 515 (2005).
- The West African Drug Mule Train, 32 Crim. L. Bull. 425 (1996).
Chapters In Books
- Agricultural Legislation, in International Legislative Drafting Guidebook: 25th Anniversary Celebration 89 (David A. Marcello, ed., Carolina Academic Press 2021). URL
- Drafting National Food Legislation in a Globally Connected World, in Research Handbook on International Food Law __ (Michael Roberts, ed., Edward Elgar, forthcoming 2021) (with Melvin Spreij).
- Food and Agriculture Policy, in Handbook of Business and Public Policy 322 (Aynsley Kellow, Tony Porter, & Karsten Ronit, eds., Edward Elgar, forthcoming 2021) (with Tiffany Wang). URL
- Regulatory and Legislative Framework for Novel Foods, in Food Formulation: Novel Ingredients and Processing Techniques 285 (Wiley 2021) (with Kai Purnhagen & Ben Hillel). URL
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, in Yearbook of International Environmental Law (Oxford Academic, annually 1998 - 2009) (with Mohamed Ali Mekouar). CATALOG URL
- Chapters: Animals, Food and Plants Law and Sustainable Development Since Rio: Legal Trends in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management, FAO Legislative Study #73 (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2002). URL
- Implementation of Management Plans, in Toxic Cyanobacteria in Water: A Guide to their Public Health Consequences, Monitoring, and Management (Ingrid Chorus & Jamie Bartram eds., Routledge / E & FN Spon 1999) (with Jamie Bartram, Gary Jones, Lee Bowling, Ian Falconer & Geoffrey A. Codd). URL
- How to Draft Effective Coastal Fisheries and Aquaculture Legislation, Fisheries Newsletter (Jan.-Apr. 2021) (with Alex Sauerwein& Ariella D’Andrea). URL
- Food safety policy and legislation in the newly decentralized Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, FAO Technical Summary Report (2018). URL
- Regulatory Measures Against Outbreaks of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza, FAO Legal Papers Online #82 (2010). URL
- Legislatively Establishing a Health Certification Programme for Citrus, FAO Legal Papers Online #81 (2009). URL
- Guidelines for the Revision of National Plant Protection Legislation, FAO Legal Papers Online #63 (2007) (with Daniele Manzella). URL
- Establishing a Water Abstraction Licensing Scheme: Issues and Options, FAO Legal Papers Online #9 (2000). URL
- Institutional and Legal Measures to Combat African Swine Fever, FAO Legal Papers Online #3 (1999). URL