Rory K. Little
- Criminal Law, Cases and Materials (Carolina Academic Press 4th ed. 2017) (with Stephen A Saltzburg, John L Diamond, Kit Kinports, & Thomas Morawetz).
- Criminal Law: Cases and Materials (LexisNexis 3d ed. 2008) (with Stephen A. Saltzburg, John L. Diamond, Kit Kinports, & Thomas H. Morawetz).
- Clerking for a Retired Supreme Court Justice—My Experience of Being "Shared" Among Five Justices in One Term, 88 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. Arguendo 83 (2020). FULLTEXT
- Balanced Liberty: Justice Kennedy's Work in Criminal Cases, 70 Hastings L.J. 1243 (2019). FULLTEXT
- Hating Hate Speech: Why Current First Amendment Doctrine Does Not Condemn a Careful Ban, 45 Hastings Const. L.Q. 577 (2018). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Cross-Cultural Challenges, Consensus, and Opportunities for Advancing the Professional Ethical Integrity of Legal System Actors, 39 Hastings Int'l & Comp. L. Rev. 95 (2016). FULLTEXT
- Merit-Based Sentencing Reductions: Moving Forward on Specifics, and Some Critique of the New Model Penal Code, 66 Hastings L.J. 1535 (2015). FULLTEXT
- Guns Don’t Kill People, 3D Printing Does? Why the Technology is a Distraction from Effective Gun Controls, 65 Hastings L.J. 1505 (2014). FULLTEXT URL
- Merit-Based Sentencing Reductions: Moving Forward on Specifics, and Some Critique of the New Model Penal Code, 66 Hastings L.J. 1535 (2014). FULLTEXT
- Speech: Perspectives on Criminal Litigation Ethics: James Cole & Jeffrey Adachi, 65 Hastings L.J. 1145 (2014). FULLTEXT URL
- ABA's Project to Revise the Criminal Justice Standards for the Prosecution and Defense Functions, 62 Hastings L.J. 1111 (2011). FULLTEXT
- The Role of Reporter for a Law Project, 38 Hastings Const. L.Q. 747 (2011). FULLTEXT
- "It's Not my Problem?" Wrong: Prosecutors Have an Important Ethical Role to Play, 7 Ohio St. J. Crim. L. 685 (2010). FULLTEXT
- Heller and Constitutional Interpretation: Originalism's Last Gasp, 60 Hastings L.J. 1415 (2009). FULLTEXT
- Addressing the Evidentiary Sources of Wrongful Convictions: Categorical Exclusion of Evidence in Capital Statutes, 37 Sw. L. Rev. 965 (2008). FULLTEXT SSRN
- The Role of the Prosecution and Defense in Causing and Correcting Wrongful Convictions, 37 Sw. L. Rev. 943 (2008) (with Laurie Levenson, Dino Amoroso, Susan Gaertner, & Kenneth Williams) (panel discussion). WL
- ABA Files Amicus Brief in Actual Innocence Case, 20 Crim. Just. 18 (Winter 2006). FULLTEXT
- Advice Authored, 8 Green Bag 2d 343 (2005).
- The Lost History of Apprendi and the Blakely Petition for Rehearing, 17 Fed. Sent. R. 69 (2004) (with Teresa Chen). FULLTEXT
- What Federal Prosecutors Really Think: The Puzzle of Statistical Race Disparity Versus Specific Guilt, and the Specter of Timothy McVeigh, 53 DePaul L. Rev. 1591 (2004). FULLTEXT
- Good Enough For Government Work? The Tension Between Uniformity and Differing Regional Values in Administering the Federal Death Penalty, 14 Fed. Sent. R. 7 (2001). FULLTEXT
- Law Professors as Lawyers: Consultants, Of Counsel, and the Ethics of Self-Flagellation, 42 S. Tex. L. Rev. 345 (2001). FULLTEXT
- Why a Federal Death Penalty Moratorium?, 33 Conn. L. Rev. 791 (2001). FULLTEXT
- From Watergate to Generation Next: Opening Remarks, 51 Hastings L.J. 599 (2000). FULLTEXT
- Pledged to Public Service, 51 Hastings L.J. 781 (2000). FULLTEXT
- The Future of the Federal Death Penalty, 26 Ohio N.U. L. Rev. 529 (2000). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Proportionality as an Ethical Precept For Prosecutors in Their Investigative Role, 68 Fordham L. Rev. 723 (1999). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Reading Justice Brennan: Is There a "Right" to Dissent?, 50 Hastings L.J. 683 (1999). FULLTEXT SSRN
- The Federal Death Penalty: History and Some Thoughts About the Department of Justice's Role, 26 Fordham Urb. L.J. 347 (1999). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Who Should Regulate the Ethics of Federal Prosecutors?, 65 Fordham L. Rev. 355 (1996). FULLTEXT
- Guilt, Reasonable Doubt and the Reasonable Woman, 6 Hastings Women's L.J. 275 (1995). FULLTEXT
- Myths and Principles of Federalization, 46 Hastings L.J. 1029 (1995). FULLTEXT
- The Case for Parallel Importation, 11 N.C. J. Int'l L. & Com. Reg. 205 (1986) (with Jamie S. Gorelick). FULLTEXT
- The Generosity of Justice Stewart, 32 Yale L. Rep. 12 (Spring 1986).
- Tribute to Arthur Allan Leff, 1935–1981, 28 Yale L. Rep. 12 (Spring 1982).
- Protecting Privacy Under the Fourth Amendment, 91 Yale L.J. 313 (1981). FULLTEXT
- Who Must Take the Cases When the LSC Crunch Hits?, 1 Cal. Law. 43 (1981).
Chapters In Books
- Double Jeopardy and the Gamble Decision, in SCOTUS 2019: Major Decisions and Developments of the UC Supreme Court 49 (David Klein & Morgan Marietta eds., Palgrave Macmillan 2020). CATALOG URL
- U.S. Supreme Court Decisions on Criminal Law and Related Topics, in The State of Criminal Justice Ch. 2 (ABA Criminal Justice Section 2006 - 2018). CATALOG
- The Eyes of the Beholders, 4 Ohio St. J. Crim. L. 237 (2006) (reviewing Scott Sundby, A Life and Death Decision: A Jury Weighs the Death Penalty (2005)). HEIN WL URL
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Playing Tug–of–War with Mens Rea and Law, L.A. Daily J., May 6, 2014, at 1. CATALOG
- Saving Obamacare, Cal. Law., May, 2014, at 35. CATALOG
- Bill McGivern: A Complete Portrayal, L.A. Daily J., Mar. 5, 2012, at 6. CATALOG
- Prosecution Politics, L.A. Daily J., Mar. 22, 2007, at 8. CATALOG
- Let's Wait to See What Result From Sentencing–Guidelines Decision, L.A. Daily J., Jan. 14, 2005, at 6. CATALOG
- Supreme Court Decisions on Sentencing Ignore Intentions of Constitution's Framers, L.A. Daily J., Oct. 4, 2004, at 6. CATALOG
- Accountability Will Ensure Protection of Civil Liberties, L.A. Daily J., Oct. 12, 2001, at 6. CATALOG
- Out of Class: Class Action by Federal Attorneys Seeking Overtime, N.J.L.J., Sept. 27, 1999, at 25.
- Why I Won't Join the Class, The Recorder, Sept. 15, 1999, at 5 (reprinted as Not All Rewards Are Made in Cash, Nat'l L.J., Sept. 20, 1999, at A22). CATALOG
- Scaling Justice: Executive Branch Retains Discretion to Correct 'Mandatory' Sentences, L.A. Daily J., Sept. 21, 1998, at 6. CATALOG
- Hijacking Public Opinion, The Recorder, Feb. 26, 1997, at 4. CATALOG
- The Continuing Debate Over Cameras in the Courtroom, Fed. Law., July, 1995, at 28 (with Steven Brill). HEIN
- The Emperors Have No Rules, The Recorder, July 20, 1995, at 6. CATALOG
- Race–Conscious Remedies? Affirmative!, Nat'l L.J., July 28, 1986, at 13.