Melissa Lee Nelken
- Negotiation Theory and Practice (LexisNexis 2007).
- Understanding Negotiation (Anderson Pub. Co. 2001).
- Civil Procedure Anthology (Anderson Pub. Co. 1998) (with David I. Levine & Donald L. Doernberg).
- Sanctions: Rule 11 and Other Powers (ABA 3d ed. 1992) (editor).
- Problems and Cases in Interviewing, Counseling and Negotiation (Nat'l Institute for Trial Advocacy 3d ed. 1986) (with Mark Schoenfield, Anthony Bocchino, & Thomas Geraghty) (with Teachers' Manual).
- NITA Teacher Training Program Materials (National Institute for Trial Advocacy 1985) (with K. Broun, U. Lester & J. Seckinger).
- Problems and Cases in Interviewing, Counseling and Negotiation (Nat'l Institute for Trial Advocacy 2d ed. 1983) (with Mark K. Schoenfield).
- Problems and Cases in Interviewing, Counseling and Negotiation (Nat'l Institute for Trial Advocacy 1982) (with Mark K. Schoenfield) (with Teachers' Manual).
- Negotiating Classroom Process: Lessons from Adult Learning, 25 Negotiation J. 181 (2009). FULLTEXT
- The Myth of the Gladiator and Law Students' Negotiation Styles, 7 Cardozo J. Conflict Resol. 1 (2005). FULLTEXT
- Psychotherapist–Patient Privilege in Federal Court, 11 J. Calif. Alliance Ment. Ill 76 (2000).
- The Limits of Privilege: The Developing Scope of Federal Psychotherapist-Patient Privilege Law, 20 Rev. Litig. 1 (2000). FULLTEXT
- Negotiation and Psychoanalysis: If I'd Wanted to Learn About Feelings, I Wouldn't Have Gone to Law School, 46 J. Legal Educ. 420 (1996). FULLTEXT
- Has the Chancellor Shot Himself in the Foot? Looking for a Middle Ground on Rule 11 Sanctions, 41 Hastings L.J. 383 (1990). FULLTEXT
- The Impact of Federal Rule 11 on Lawyers and Judges in the Northern District of California, 74 Judicature 147 (1990). FULLTEXT
- One Step Forward, Two Steps Back: Summary Judgment after Celotex, 40 Hastings L.J. 53 (1988). FULLTEXT
- Sanctions Under Amended Federal Rule 11Some "Chilling" Problems in the Struggle Between Compensation and Punishment, 74 Geo. L.J. 1313 (1986). FULLTEXT
Chapters In Books
- Evaluating Email Negotiations, in Assessing Our Students, Assessing Ourselves: Volume 3 in the Rethinking Negotiation Teaching Series 205 (Noam Ebner, James Coben & Christopher Honeyman eds., DRI Press 2012). AMAZON
- If I'd Wanted to Teach About Feelings, I Wouldn't Have Become a Law Professor, in Venturing Beyond the Classroom: Volume 2 in the Rethinking Negotiation Teaching Series 357 (Christopher Honeyman, James Coben & Giuseppe De Palo eds., DRI Press 2010) (with Andrea Kupfer Schneider & Jamil Mahuad). AMAZON
- Negotiating Learning Environments, in Rethinking Negotiation Teaching: Innovations for Context and Culture 199 (Christopher Honeyman, James Coben, & Giuseppe De Palo eds., DRI Press 2009) (with Bobbi McAdoo & Melissa Manwaring). AMAZON
- Introduction to SANCTIONS: RULE 11 AND OTHER POWERS 1 (ABA 3d ed. 1992). CATALOG
- U.S. Supreme Court, in Sanctions: Rule 11 And Other Powers 9 (ABA 3d ed. 1992). CATALOG
- Book Review, 5 Psychoanalytic Books ___ (1994) (reviewing Glen O. Gabbard, Sexual Exploitation in Professional Relationships (1989)).
- Book Review, 5 Psychoanalytic Books ___ (1994) (reviewing K.R. Eissler, Three Instances of Injustice (1993)).