- Lower-Income Tax Planning, ____ U. Ill. L. Rev. ____ (forthcoming 2020).
- The Qualified Small Business Stock Exclusion: How Startup Shareholders Get $10 Million (or more) Tax-Free, ____ Colum. L. Rev. F. ____ (forthcoming 2020).
- Hyperlocal Responses to the SALT Deduction Limitation, 71 Stan. L. Rev. Online 294 (2019). URL
- The Games They Will Play: Tax Games, Roadblocks, and Glitches Under the New Legislation, 103 Minn. L. Rev. 1439 (2019) (with Reuven Avi -Yonah, Lily Batchelder, J. Clifton Fleming, David Gamage, Ari Glogower, Daniel Hemel, David Kamin, Mitchell Kane, Rebecca Kysar, David Miller, Darien Shanske, & Daniel Shaviro). SSRN
- Caveat IRS: Problems with Abandoning the Full Deduction Rule, 88 St. Tax Notes 547 (2018) (with David Gamage, et al.).
- State Responses to Federal Tax Reform: Charitable Tax Credits, 87 St. Tax Notes 433 (2018) (with David Gamage, et al.). FULLTEXT
- From Business Tax Theory to Practice, 24 Clinical L. Rev. 27 (2017) (with Alina S. Ball). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Tax Compliance in a Decentralizing Economy, 34 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 283 (2017). FULLTEXT SSRN URL
- The Hidden Costs of Cliff Effects in the Internal Revenue Code and Proposals for Change, 164 U. Pa. L. Rev. 931 (2016). FULLTEXT SSRN
- Effective Client Selection in Transactional Clinics, 16 Tenn. J. Bus. L. 389 (2015). FULLTEXT
- Form 1023-EZ and the Streamlined Process for the Federal Income Tax Exemption: Is the IRS Slashing Red Tape or Opening Pandora's Box, 163 U. Pa. L. Rev. Online 89 (2014). FULLTEXT
Chapters In Books
- Tax Compliance and the Sharing Economy, in The Cambridge Handbook of the Law of the Sharing Economy 357 (Nestor M. Davidson, Michèle Finck & John J. Infranca, eds., Cambridge Univ. Press 2018). URL
- Federal Income Tax Treatment of Charitable Contributions Entitling Donor to a State Tax Credit (2018) (with Joseph Bankman, David Gamage, Jacob Goldin, Daniel Jacob Hemel, Darien Shanske, Kirk J. Stark, & Dennis J. Ventry). URL
- Brief of Amici Curiae Tax Law Professors and Economists in Support of Petitioner in South Dakota v. Wayfair. (2017) (with Daniel Jacob Hemel, et al.). URL
- Sunset Provisions in the Tax Code: A Critical Evaluation and Prescriptions for the Future, 82 N.Y.U. L. Rev. 656 (2007). URL