Joanna K. Weinberg
- The Dilemma of the "Doctor in the Family", 8 Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics 47 (2018).
- Institutional Ethics Committees: Should We Kill All the Lawyers? The Role of Lawyers on Hospital Ethics Committees, 21 Annals Health L. 181 (2012). HEIN WL
- The California Stem Cell Initiative: Persuasion, Politics, and Public Science, 100 Am. J. Public Health 446 (2010) (with Joel W. Adelson).
- Affirmative Action: The Lessons for Health Care, 328 Brit. Med. J. 1213 (2004) (with With Franco Sassi & John Carrier).
- Introduction: International Perspectives on Health Policy, 24 Law & Pol'y 89 (2002). HEIN SSRN
- Medical Error and Patient Safety: Understanding Cultures in Conflict, 24 Law & Pol'y 93 (2002). HEIN SSRN
- Medicare Beneficiary Complaints About Quality of Care, 6 Am. J. Med. Quality 241 (2000) (with Charlene Harrington, Susan Merrill & Jeff Newman).
- Advance Medical Directives: Policy Perspectives and Practical Experiences, 1 J. Ethics L. & Aging 15 (1995) (with Meryl Brod).
- Poverty, Reproduction, and Autonomy in the Welfare State: Some Thoughts on the Ethics of Social Policy Legislation, 3 Colum. J. Gender & L. 375 (1992). HEIN
- The Dilemma of Welfare Reform: "Workfare" Programs and Poor Women, 26 New Eng. L. Rev. 415 (1991). HEIN
- A Primer on Tort Liability of Primary Prevention Programs, 8 Prevention Hum. Services 65 (1990) (with David I. Levine).
- Demystifying the Right to Die: The New Jersey Experience, 7 Med. & L. 323 (1988).
- Whose Right Is It Anyway? Individualism, Community, and the Right to Die: A Commentary on the New Jersey Experience, 40 Hastings L.J. 119 (1988). HEIN
- Aging and Dependence: Toward a Redefinition of AutonomyThe Case of Claire Conroy, 68 Social Casework 522 (1987).
- The Judicial Adjunct and Public Law Remedies, 1 Yale L. & Pol'y Rev. 367 (1983). HEIN
Chapters In Books
- Physician Event Reporting: Training the Next Generation of Physicians, in 4 Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation 353 (Kerm Henriksen, James B. Battles, Eric S. Marks & David I. Lewin eds, Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality 2005) (with Quang-Tuyen Nguyen & Lee H. Hilborne). URL
- Regulation of Health Policy: Patient Safety and the States, in 1 Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation 405 (Kerm Henriksen, James B. Battles, Eric S. Marks & David I. Lewin eds, Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality 2005) (with Lee H. Hilborne & Quang-Tuyen Nguyen). URL
- Caregiving, Age and Class in the Skeleton of the Welfare State: And Jill Came Tumbling After . . ., in Critical Gerontology: Perspectives from Political and Moral Economy 257 (Meredith Minkler & Carroll L. Estes eds., Baywood Publ'g 1998). AMAZON
- Older Mothers and Adult Children: Toward an Alternative Construction of Care, in Mothers in Law: Feminist Theory and the Legal Regulation of Motherhood 328 (Martha Albertson Fineman & Isabel Karpin eds., Columbia Univ. Press 1995). CATALOG
- Autonomy as a Different Voice: Women, Disabilities, and Decisions, in Women with Disabilities: Essays in Psychology, Culture, and Politics 269 (Michelle Fine & Adrienne Asch eds., Temple Univ. Press 1988). AMAZON
- The Anthropology of Reproduction, Women's Rev. Books 21 (June 2000) (reviewing Rayna Rapp, Testing Women, Testing the Fetus: The Social History of Amnioscentesis in America (2000)).
- The Past, Present and Future of Long Term CareA Women's Issue?, 25 J. Health Pol. Pol'y & L. 566 (2000) (reviewing The Future of Age-Based Public Policy (Robert B. Hudson ed. 1997), Rosalie A. Kane, Robert L. Kane & Richard C. Ladd, The Heart of Long-Term Care (1998), Public and Private Responsibilities in Long-Term Care: Finding the Balance (Leslie Walker, Elizabeth H. Bradley & Terrie Wetle eds. 1998) & Alix Kates Shulman, A Good Enough Daughter: A Memoir (1999)).
- Unholy Wedlock, Women's Rev. Books 21 (Apr. 1996) (reviewing Demie Kurz, For Richer, for Poorer: Mothers Confront Divorce (1995)).
- Democracy's Dangers, Women's Rev. Books 24 (Apr. 1995) (reviewing Zillah R. Eisenstein, The Color of Gender: Reimaging Democracy (1994)).
- Book Review, 19 J. Health Pol. Pol'y & L. 909 (1994) (reviewing Meredith Minkler & Kathleen Roe, Grandmothers as Caregivers: Raising Children of the Crack Cocaine Epidemic (1993)).
- Book Review, 93 Teachers Coll. Record 325 (1991) (reviewing Laurence Tribe, Abortion: The Clash of Absolutes).
- Judging the Judges, Women's Rev. Books 7 (Oct. 1991) (reviewing Lois G. Forer, Unequal Protection: Women, Children and the Elderly in Court (1991)).
- Open Secrets, Women's Rev. Books 1 (Apr. 1991) (reviewing Alida Brill, Nobody's Business: The Paradoxes of Privacy (1990)).
- Come Back, Oscar Wilde! All Is Forgiven!, N.Y. Times Book Rev. 79 (Aug. 26, 1990) (reviewing Elaine Showalter, Sexual Anarchy: Sex and Culture at the Fin de Siècle).
- The Politicization of Reproduction, 5 Berkeley Women's L.J. 197 (1990) (reviewing Reproductive Laws for the 1990s (Sherrill Cohen & Nadine Taub eds. 1989)). HEIN
- Book Review, N.Y. Times Book Rev. (Aug. 27, 1989) (reviewing Elisabeth Badinter, The Unopposite Sex: The End of the Gender Battle (Barbara Wright trans. 1989)).
- Book Review, N.Y. Times Book Rev. 23 (Jan. 8, 1989) (reviewing Charles C. Moskos, A Call to Civic Service: National Service for Country and Community (1988)).
- Feeling the Chill Wind, Women's Rev. Books 18 (Oct. 1989) (reviewing Sherrill Cohen & Nadine Taub, Reproductive Laws for the 1990s (1989)).
- Macho's Victims, N.Y. Times Book Rev. 17 (Apr. 30, 1989) (reviewing Robin Morgan, The Demon Lover: On the Sexuality of Terrorism (1988)).
- The Ambiguity of Ideological Ambulance Chasing, 23 Law & Soc'y Rev. 957 (1989) (reviewing Mark Kessler, Legal Services for the Poor: A Comparative and Contemporary Analysis of Interorganizational Politics (1987)). HEIN
- The Technological Mother: The Aftermath of Roe v. Wade, 1 Hastings Women's L.J. 155 (1989) (reviewing Marian Faux, Roe v. Wade: The Untold Story of the Landmark Supreme Court Decision that Made Abortion Legal (1988)). HEIN
- Abortion, Technology and the Law, Women's Rev. Books 9 (Dec. 1988) (reviewing Robert D. Goldstein, Mother-Love and Abortion: A Legal Interpretation (1988) & Marian Faux, Roe v. Wade: The Untold Story of the Landmark Supreme Court Decision That Made Abortion Legal (1988)).
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Balancing Autonomy and Resources in Healthcare for Elders, Generations, Fall, 1998, at 92.
- Reconstructing Legacy: Public and Private Contexts, Generations, Fall, 1996, at 37.
- A Dark Secret Society Avoids Is That People Do Grow Old, Phila. Inquirer, June 9, 1992. URL
- WorkfareIt Isn't Work and It Certainly Isn't Fair, Phila. Inquirer, Aug. 23, 1988. URL
- Quality of Care in Nursing Homes: Remedies under the California Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act, Cal. Senate Office of Research (2003).
- ERISA and State Health Care Reform, Health Care Options Project of the Cal. Health & Human Serv. Agency (Jan. 28, 2002).